Making your own homemade sprays and cleaners can be fun and easy. You can customize your scents and you know all the ingredients and many you may already have on hand. Here is a room spray that I also use as a linen spray since the ingredients are pretty much the same. You can and should experiment with different scents and and essential oils.
Here is what you will need:
- Non-flavored vodka or a plan rum- used to help disperse the oils and water
- Water- distilled I find works best. You can boil the water
- Favorite essential oil – I like orange, lavender, or lemon. You can experiment with Eucalyptus and frankincense and many others. Grab a guide to essential oils to help you decide what you want to promote. Lavender is good for relaxation, orange is great for space clearing, etc.
- Funnel- only if you have one on hand no need to buy
- A glass spray bottle 4 oz.- Reuse a cosmetics bottle but clean really good
Pour 1oz. of distilled water into the bottle. Then 3oz of vodka or rum then add 30 to 40 drops of your favorite essentail oils. Shake well before each use.
Another option is to boil orange reels, ginger and lemon peels then let cool once cooled add vodka to mixture and shake well. You can also leave lavender peices in the solution if you use lavender to make the smell even stronger.
Use the spray when making the bed, pull sheets taught and smooth out the wrinkles. Works like a charm.
Enjoy and let us know what you think!